2Rail Vikas Nigam Limited (RVNL) reaches new heights, breaking circuit records.

  • Rail Vikas shares surge 20%, reaching a 52-week high
  • ‘Overbought’ zone indicated with an RSI of 88.9
  • Successful bids for Jabalpur and Varkala Sivagiri projects
  • Remarkable 280.85% surge in shares over the past year
  • Outperforms Nifty 50 index by a substantial margin
  • Joint ventures and strategic projects boost investor confidence
  • Caution advised due to heightened buying activity

Rail Vikas Nigam:

The astonishing surge is part of a bigger trend that has seen RVNL shares rise by more than 280% in the last year.


Despite the increase, the specifics of the many block transactions that contributed to it remain unknown. Moneycontrol has not been able to immediately identify the buyers and sellers in these transactions. Nonetheless, this spike demonstrates growing investor interest in RVNL and its market positioning.
Rail Vikas

Strategic Projects and Strong Bidding Position Enhance Investor Confidence:

RVNL shares closed at Rs 292.3 on the National Stock Exchange (NSE), up 20% from the previous day’s close. This spike is not without warning signs, as technical indicators show that the RVNL counter has entered the ‘overbought’ zone, with an RSI of 88.9. Investors should approach this situation with caution because of the increased buying activity.
On January 16, RVNL got the lowest bid for a large project in Jabalpur worth Rs 251 crore, adding to the positive momentum. This is one of a number of successful initiatives, including a joint venture with KRDCL that just got approval for a major improvement to the Varkala Sivagiri railway station. The project, which costs Rs 123.36 crore, is structured with KRDCL taking the lead with a 51% shareholding and RVNL holding the remaining 49%. The project completion timeline is set at 30 months, as revealed in an official file with the exchange.
RVNL’s Meteoric Rise Outpaces Benchmark Index Over the Past Year
In another notable achievement, the RVNL-URC joint venture was the lowest bidder in December 2023 for the design and construction of an elevated viaduct, five elevated metro rail stations (including Shaheed Bagh, Khajrana Chauraha, Bengali Chauraha, Patrakar Colony, and Palasia Chauraha), and a ramp for the Indore Metro Rail project.
Investors have seen a significant return on their RVNL shares, with the PSU stock up 280.85% in the last year. This large growth means that investors’ wealth has nearly quadrupled throughout this time span. In comparison, the benchmark equities index Nifty 50 has risen by about 20% over the same period.
As RVNL continues to make strategic progress in project bidding and execution, the stock’s performance becomes increasingly important to market players. The company’s ability to secure significant projects and meet obligations not only strengthens its market position, but also influences investor sentiment. With a track record of successful projects and a solid market presence, RVNL appears to be well-positioned to continue on its upward trajectory in the coming months. Investors are closely monitoring how the company navigates the changing market, anticipating future growth and beneficial improvements.

Leave a comment